Monday, January 24, 2005

Progressive Democrat Summit Inspiring


Our carpool of 6 braved the snow in DC, and returned safely with no ice or snow on the highways. What a fun and exhausting experience to gather with 500 progressives from all over the country. At our next Think Tank on Friday Feb 18, we plan to give a presentation of what we learned at the Summit, and discuss topics that came up there. I also plan to put up a webpage at the blog about the conference.
If you want to hear about what it was like right away, here are comments and ongoing discussions from other attendees at the PDA conference blog.
We heard David Cobb, the Green party's presidential candidate; Tom Hayden was inspirational; Medea Benjamin, a founder of Code Pink brimmed with good energy. Swami Beyondananda put his wisdom to rap music, and the Billionaires for Bush did some fabulous song and dance numbers.



We took notes through panel after panel after panel of intelligent, sensitive, well-informed multi-cultural speakers. Whew!
There wasn't enough smaller break-out meetings by topic, which was a little frustrating for all of us networkers. But we did have regional meetings, so I'll be filling you in on the North Carolina scoop soon. I took a blogging workshop, so I hope that our think tank blog may start reaching more people. My hope is that we can provide a suggested format to encourage other living room think tanks to start popping up.

Swami Beyondananda


2 comments:

Aldon Hynes said...

Susan,

I'm so glad you came to the PDA summit, as well as attended the Blogging Workshop. Thanks for posting a comment on my blog so I could find your blog. I will spread the word about it as well as work on getting it listed on the Progressive Blog Alliance.

Aldon Hynes said...

P.S. For discussing Lakoff, I would encourage you to also check out DemSpeak, as well as the Rockridge Institute